Blue Light Recipes
Improve Sleep with Turmeric-Coconut Latte
If you’re working on retraining your circadian rhythm, you may have a little bit of trouble sleeping. This nourishing turmeric tea calms your body and improves digestion.
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 2 tsp powdered turmeric or 2 tbsp peeled, fresh turmeric
- 2 tsp powdered ginger or 2 tbsp peeled, fresh ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup, raw honey or a squirt of liquid stevia
- 12 peppercorns, gently crushed (optional)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Combine all ingredients except the coconut oil into a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Bring it to a gentle boil and let cook for five minutes then remove from heat
- After cooling for about 5 minutes, strain the mixture through a very fine mesh strainer.
- Stir in the coconut oil.
- Add additional maple syrup, honey or stevia to taste
These scones go great with a cup of coffee. In addition, the cranberry in these scones helps protect the body against blue light.
- 2c banana flour
- ½ c coconut flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons raw honey
- ¼ c + 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, mix the two flours, baking powder, salt, ginger, and cinnamon
- In another bowl, use a mixer to cream the eggs, honey, and oil
- Add the dry to the wet and stir to form a dough
- Mix in the cranberries
- Move the dough to the cookie sheet
- Pat the dough gently into approximately an 8-inch disk.
- Gently cut disk into 8 wedges with a large knife then separate out triangles about 1 inch apart
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
Zucchini Spinach Frittata
Zucchini, spinach, and eggs are all good sources of lutein–a vitamin that helps the eyes and protects against blindness.
- 6 large eggs
- Salt (optional)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ghee
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 zucchini, about 8 oz
- 2 handfuls baby spinach, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Chop the zucchini into discs
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat
- Using a cast iron skillet, saute the onions in the ghee in medium-high heat until they’re transparent
- Add zucchini and cook for another thirty seconds
- Add the eggs and cook for two minutes, until the edges begin to turn brown
- Remove from heat and stir in chopped spinach
- Transfer cast iron skillet to oven, bake for nine minutes and broil for the final minute
- Remove, and cut into wedges to serve