How Does It Work?
When you order a blood test, this is typically how it works:
- Order tests through True Health Labs (see FAQ with questions).
- They will send you the requisition form.
- In the US, you can get blood drawn from Quest or LabCorp (whichever is in your area and THL provides). In Europe, see FAQ.
- When you get your labs back, Schedule A Consult to go over the results (see about proper lab ranges below).
Most Popular Tests
You can find specific biomarkers for tests as seen in my posts, in panels below, just check the tests you want to order.
Here are the most popular panels (for clients in USA):
- Bredesen Protocol Panel
- Gut/Microbiome Panel
- Hormone/Neurotransmitters Panel
- Inflammation/Immune Panel
- Nutrient Panel
- 23andMe Kit (Amazon)
Global Tests (for clients in Europe):
The Problem With Modern Lab Ranges
Have you ever been to the doctor and they said all your lab results were “in range”?
And of course this is something you could have figured out yourself by reading the results – you’re not stupid.
Well here’s the problem…
When labs like Quest and LabCorp decide their ranges for healthy, they look at the average population and determine from there. This can include sickly and chronically inflamed people being grouped in with the “norm”.
This is a problem since most doctors compare patients to the “normal” ranges, and not what the average healthy person should be.
One examples of this is with testosterone.
Most doctors believe that testosterone should decline with age, but this is wrong! R
Lower testosterone is just a sign of chronic inflammation and harmful environmental exposures (which we see accumulate over time) and commonly builds up as we age. R
That is why it is important to be well educated and knowledgable about the newest research on what healthy levels should be, as I do provide during my consultsand help interpret the results accurately.