With numerous sensitivities and problems, I was essentially a homeless nomad.
Doctors with plethoras of degrees and certifications from Ivy League schools and facilities (such as Mayo) scratched their head at my case, resulting in a diagnosis of IBS and dysautonomias and a script for benzodiazepines and antidepressants.
I had a laundry list of symptoms (not a full list):
- ADHD and focus issues
- Appendix pain, hernia pain, UC-type pain, diverticulitis like pain
- Biliary/liver/gallbladder/pancreas inflammation/colic
- Blood pressure issues
- Body temperature dysregulation
- Brain fog
- CFS and Fibro pain
- Chronic Infections (multiple) and Mold sensitivities
- Circadian rhythm issues/Sleep problems/Insomnia
- COPD and other lung issues
- Detoxification issues
- Dural holes and headaches/migraines from Docs that would not believe me when I said repeated spinal taps were giving me PDPH and POTS
- Environmental intolerance and chemical sensitivities (mold, chemicals, VOCs, haptens)
- Food Sensitivities
- Gut issues, Dysbiosis, IBS, Malabsorption issues, SIBO
- Hearing loss and tinnitus
- Libido issues
- Mast cells and histamine issues
- mTBI and concussions
- Muscle spasms and twitches
- Renal pain and nocturia
- Sensory processing issues – someone would be talking to me while someone is on TV talking to me and I couldn’t tell which person was talking
- Wounds wouldn’t heal
- Viral outbreaks (chronic)
- Vision loss in right eye (major)
I decided to take my health into my own hands.
I was going to get to the root of my problems and nothing and no one was going to stand in my way.
When doctors were not able to help me, I turned to science to give me the cold hard facts.
Through n=1 self experimentation and scientific data, multiple factors contributed to my health problems (not exclusive list of pathways):
- Hapten sensitization
- Redox/detox impairment due to several epigenetic issues (e.g. BH4 loss via ROS)
- SALI (CIRS derivative)
- Thalamic, Hypothalamic, Basal Ganglia, and PFC Grey Matter inflammation/oxidation
- TLR activation and endotoxemia (mold exposure, LPS via dysbiosis, intestinal and blood-brain barrier permeability)
I took everything I learned and more and put it into a website to empower others, allowing others to have the information I was deprived of by the many professionals I had seen over my health crisis.
I created this website to help others get their life back to normal and help them unlock their maximum potential.